- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF SERVICE: By accessing, browsing, or otherwise using the Collaborative Change website you agree that you fully understand and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions stated in these Terms of Service. In case you do not accept the Terms or have any objection to any part of the present Terms, you must not use the Website.
These terms of service (“Terms“) govern the access, browsing and use by the users (“User” or “Users“, as applicable) of collaborativechange.global including any of its subdomains and/or sections (“Website“); as well as the services rendered through the Website (the “Service”) which include the download and use of certain content.
For the purposes of this document Collaborative Change means the initiative created by Clare Richards and Lara Kinneir, and formed in partnership with the London School of Architecture, ft’work and The Future Fox.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICE
- General Description. The Service is a website owned by the London School of Architecture and ft’work in partnership with delivery partners The Future Fox. The Future Fox manages the website on behalf of the partnership. The Service is a collaborative website that allows Collaborative Change to share ideas and examples with the wider community. Through the Service you are able to send content to us and to share content found in the website.
- Adults Only. The Service is intended for adults only. You affirm that you are more than 18 years of age and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service. Collaborative Change will never knowingly solicit nor will it accept personally identifiable information from individuals known to be under eighteen (18) years of age.
- Right to Modify Service. Collaborative Change reserves the right to immediately change, suspend, remove, or discontinue any part of the Service or any content (whether submitted by Collaborative Changeor by a member of the public) for any reason, without prior notice or liability.
- Changes to these Terms of Service. Collaborative Change reserves the right to modify these Terms of Service at any time, and without prior notice, by posting amended terms at this website. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately,
- USER CONDUCT
- You acknowledge that the service is for personal use only. You agree that you will not use the Service for any commercial purposes.
- You must not send us, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- You must not send us, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “affiliate links,” or any other form of solicitation.
- You must not violate any local laws in your country or jurisdiction (including but not limited to intellectual property laws).
- You must not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable Content.
- You agree that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and grant Collaborative Change all of the license grants in accordance to our licence terms in section 4 below.
- Collaborative Change reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any information sent to us by you.
- LICENCE GRANT: The Service permits you to share your own pictures, text, or other content (“Content”) with anyone by allowing us to review and upload your Content to the Service. Because you own that Content, we need to license certain rights from you so that we can provide the Service. Content is reviewed by Collaborative Changeprior to posting but does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the LSA and TFF.
By posting your Content through the Service you grant Collaborative Change a license in accordance to the terms under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License (Annex A)
Under the terms and guidelines Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License (Annex a ), you are free to share Collaborative Change material.
- COPYRIGHT POLICY: We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask that our website visitors do the same. It is our policy to disable access to or remove material that we believe in good faith to be infringing on a copyrighted work. By accepting the Terms of Service, you agree to be bound by our Copyright Policy.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The User acknowledges and agrees that he/she/it uses the Website and its Services at the User’s own risk and under the User’s responsibility and, therefore, Collaborative Changeor any company or individual working on their behalf do not accept any responsibility for misuse or use in breach of these Terms.
The User will be responsible for any damages to Collaborative Change resulting from the User’s use of the Website and the Services in breach of the Terms and accepts to indemnify Collaborative Change and its directors, employees, agents and representatives from any liability in which they may incur as a result of the User’s breach of these Terms.
Collaborative Change Does not warrant the availability or continuity of the Website or the Services, neither its reliability, quality, completeness, accuracy or whether they are fit for a specific purpose or activity.
As way of example and without limitation, Collaborative Change or any company or individual working on their behalf shall not be liable for any damages that may result from:
- Interruptions, viruses, technical problems, interferences, omissions, unavailability, power cuts, failure of the telecommunication networks or the User’s equipment which are not the LSA and TFF’s responsibility.
- Delays or unavailability of the Website and the Services due to deficiencies or traffic overload on the Internet, in the communication network or the electricity grid.
- Third-party actions.
- Unavailability of the Website and the Services due to maintenance or software updates.
- Any other event beyond Collaborative Change direct control.
SAVE FOR THE COMPANY’S WILFUL MISCONDUCT, AND THOSE CASES IN WHICH DUE TO THE SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE USER INVOLVED OR THE NATURE OF THE MATTER, APPLICABLE LAW PROVIDES THAT LIABILITY CANNOT BE LIMITED BY AGREEMENT, USE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES IS AT SOLE RISK OF THE USER AND COLLABORATIVE CHANGE OR ANY COMPANY OR INDIVIDUAL WORKING ON THEIR BEHALF SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OF ANY KIND CAUSED TO THE USER AS A RESULT OF USING THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICES.
Collaborative Change acts exclusively as a provider of a search service as requested by the User, without assuming any responsibility for search results.
The insertion of links in the Services does not imply any relationship, recommendation or supervision by Collaborative Changeof the linked website and, accordingly, Collaborative Collaborative Change does not accept any liability in relation to the content of any linked website except in the specific circumstances provided by the applicable law.
Collaborative Change will make reasonable commercial efforts in order to ensure the accuracy of keywords and descriptions, as well as the identification of content as exclusively for editorial use or any equivalent expression. However, Collaborative Change NEITHER WARRANTS NOR MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING ANY KEYWORD, TITLE OR DESCRIPTION; OR THE IDENTIFICATION OR LACK OF IDENTIFICATION OF ANY VISUAL CONTENT AS EXCLUSIVELY FOR EDITORIAL USE. For this reason and notwithstanding any other liability limitation that may be applicable in accordance with these Terms, Collaborative Changeor any company or individual working on their behalf shall neither indemnify nor assume any liability in connection with any claim resulting from inaccurate keywords, titles or descriptions, or from the use of the visual content identified as exclusively for editorial use.
- GOVERNING LAWS: The Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with UK law.
Annex A, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License
By exercising the Licensed Rights (defined below), You accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License (“Public License”). To the extent this Public License may be interpreted as a contract, You are granted the Licensed Rights in consideration of Your acceptance of these terms and conditions, and the Licensor grants You such rights in consideration of benefits the Licensor receives from making the Licensed Material available under these terms and conditions.
Section 1 – Definitions.
- Adapted Material means material subject to Copyright and Similar Rights that is derived from or based upon the Licensed Material and in which the Licensed Material is translated, altered, arranged, transformed, or otherwise modified in a manner requiring permission under the Copyright and Similar Rights held by the Licensor. For purposes of this Public License, where the Licensed Material is a musical work, performance, or sound recording, Adapted Material is always produced where the Licensed Material is synched in timed relation with a moving image.
- Adapter’s License means the license You apply to Your Copyright and Similar Rights in Your contributions to Adapted Material in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Public License.
- BY-SA Compatible License means a license listed at creativecommons.org/compatiblelicenses, approved by Creative Commons as essentially the equivalent of this Public License.
- Copyright and Similar Rights means copyright and/or similar rights closely related to copyright including, without limitation, performance, broadcast, sound recording, and Sui Generis Database Rights, without regard to how the rights are labeled or categorized. For purposes of this Public License, the rights specified in Section 2(b)(1)-(2) are not Copyright and Similar Rights.
- Effective Technological Measures means those measures that, in the absence of proper authority, may not be circumvented under laws fulfilling obligations under Article 11 of the WIPO Copyright Treaty adopted on December 20, 1996, and/or similar international agreements.
- Exceptions and Limitations means fair use, fair dealing, and/or any other exception or limitation to Copyright and Similar Rights that applies to Your use of the Licensed Material.
- License Elements means the license attributes listed in the name of a Creative Commons Public License. The License Elements of this Public License are Attribution and ShareAlike.
- Licensed Material means the artistic or literary work, database, or other material to which the Licensor applied this Public License.
- Licensed Rights means the rights granted to You subject to the terms and conditions of this Public License, which are limited to all Copyright and Similar Rights that apply to Your use of the Licensed Material and that the Licensor has authority to license.
- Licensor means the individual(s) or entity(ies) granting rights under this Public License.
- Share means to provide material to the public by any means or process that requires permission under the Licensed Rights, such as reproduction, public display, public performance, distribution, dissemination, communication, or importation, and to make material available to the public including in ways that members of the public may access the material from a place and at a time individually chosen by them.
- Sui Generis Database Rights means rights other than copyright resulting from Directive 96/9/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 1996 on the legal protection of databases, as amended and/or succeeded, as well as other essentially equivalent rights anywhere in the world.
- You means the individual or entity exercising the Licensed Rights under this Public License. Your has a corresponding meaning.
Section 2 – Scope.
- License grant.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of this Public License, the Licensor hereby grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, irrevocable license to exercise the Licensed Rights in the Licensed Material to:
- reproduce and Share the Licensed Material, in whole or in part; and
- produce, reproduce, and Share Adapted Material.
- Exceptions and Limitations. For the avoidance of doubt, where Exceptions and Limitations apply to Your use, this Public License does not apply, and You do not need to comply with its terms and conditions.
- Term. The term of this Public License is specified in Section 6(a).
- Media and formats; technical modifications allowed. The Licensor authorizes You to exercise the Licensed Rights in all media and formats whether now known or hereafter created, and to make technical modifications necessary to do so. The Licensor waives and/or agrees not to assert any right or authority to forbid You from making technical modifications necessary to exercise the Licensed Rights, including technical modifications necessary to circumvent Effective Technological Measures. For purposes of this Public License, simply making modifications authorized by this Section 2(a)(4) never produces Adapted Material.
- Downstream recipients.
- Offer from the Licensor – Licensed Material. Every recipient of the Licensed Material automatically receives an offer from the Licensor to exercise the Licensed Rights under the terms and conditions of this Public License.
- Additional offer from the Licensor – Adapted Material. Every recipient of Adapted Material from You automatically receives an offer from the Licensor to exercise the Licensed Rights in the Adapted Material under the conditions of the Adapter’s License You apply.
- No downstream restrictions. You may not offer or impose any additional or different terms or conditions on, or apply any Effective Technological Measures to, the Licensed Material if doing so restricts exercise of the Licensed Rights by any recipient of the Licensed Material.
- No endorsement. Nothing in this Public License constitutes or may be construed as permission to assert or imply that You are, or that Your use of the Licensed Material is, connected with, or sponsored, endorsed, or granted official status by, the Licensor or others designated to receive attribution as provided in Section 3(a)(1)(A)(i).
- Other rights.
- Moral rights, such as the right of integrity, are not licensed under this Public License, nor are publicity, privacy, and/or other similar personality rights; however, to the extent possible, the Licensor waives and/or agrees not to assert any such rights held by the Licensor to the limited extent necessary to allow You to exercise the Licensed Rights, but not otherwise.
- Patent and trademark rights are not licensed under this Public License.
- To the extent possible, the Licensor waives any right to collect royalties from You for the exercise of the Licensed Rights, whether directly or through a collecting society under any voluntary or waivable statutory or compulsory licensing scheme. In all other cases the Licensor expressly reserves any right to collect such royalties.
Section 3 – License Conditions.
Your exercise of the Licensed Rights is expressly made subject to the following conditions.
- If You Share the Licensed Material (including in modified form), You must:
- retain the following if it is supplied by the Licensor with the Licensed Material:
- identification of the creator(s) of the Licensed Material and any others designated to receive attribution, in any reasonable manner requested by the Licensor (including by pseudonym if designated);
- a copyright notice;
- a notice that refers to this Public License;
- a notice that refers to the disclaimer of warranties;
- a URI or hyperlink to the Licensed Material to the extent reasonably practicable;
- indicate if You modified the Licensed Material and retain an indication of any previous modifications; and
- indicate the Licensed Material is licensed under this Public License, and include the text of, or the URI or hyperlink to, this Public License.
- You may satisfy the conditions in Section 3(a)(1) in any reasonable manner based on the medium, means, and context in which You Share the Licensed Material. For example, it may be reasonable to satisfy the conditions by providing a URI or hyperlink to a resource that includes the required information.
- If requested by the Licensor, You must remove any of the information required by Section 3(a)(1)(A) to the extent reasonably practicable.
In addition to the conditions in Section 3(a), if You Share Adapted Material You produce, the following conditions also apply.
- The Adapter’s License You apply must be a Creative Commons license with the same License Elements, this version or later, or a BY-SA Compatible License.
- You must include the text of, or the URI or hyperlink to, the Adapter’s License You apply. You may satisfy this condition in any reasonable manner based on the medium, means, and context in which You Share Adapted Material.
- You may not offer or impose any additional or different terms or conditions on, or apply any Effective Technological Measures to, Adapted Material that restrict exercise of the rights granted under the Adapter’s License You apply.
Section 4 – Sui Generis Database Rights.
Where the Licensed Rights include Sui Generis Database Rights that apply to Your use of the Licensed Material:
- for the avoidance of doubt, Section 2(a)(1) grants You the right to extract, reuse, reproduce, and Share all or a substantial portion of the contents of the database;
- if You include all or a substantial portion of the database contents in a database in which You have Sui Generis Database Rights, then the database in which You have Sui Generis Database Rights (but not its individual contents) is Adapted Material, including for purposes of Section 3(b); and
- You must comply with the conditions in Section 3(a) if You Share all or a substantial portion of the contents of the database.
For the avoidance of doubt, this Section 4 supplements and does not replace Your obligations under this Public License where the Licensed Rights include other Copyright and Similar Rights.
Section 5 – Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability.
- Unless otherwise separately undertaken by the Licensor, to the extent possible, the Licensor offers the Licensed Material as-is and as-available, and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the Licensed Material, whether express, implied, statutory, or other. This includes, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, absence of latent or other defects, accuracy, or the presence or absence of errors, whether or not known or discoverable. Where disclaimers of warranties are not allowed in full or in part, this disclaimer may not apply to You.
- To the extent possible, in no event will the Licensor be liable to You on any legal theory (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise for any direct, special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary, or other losses, costs, expenses, or damages arising out of this Public License or use of the Licensed Material, even if the Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such losses, costs, expenses, or damages. Where a limitation of liability is not allowed in full or in part, this limitation may not apply to You.
- The disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability provided above shall be interpreted in a manner that, to the extent possible, most closely approximates an absolute disclaimer and waiver of all liability.
Section 6 – Term and Termination.
- This Public License applies for the term of the Copyright and Similar Rights licensed here. However, if You fail to comply with this Public License, then Your rights under this Public License terminate automatically.
- Where Your right to use the Licensed Material has terminated under Section 6(a), it reinstates:
- automatically as of the date the violation is cured, provided it is cured within 30 days of Your discovery of the violation; or
- upon express reinstatement by the Licensor.
- For the avoidance of doubt, this Section 6(b) does not affect any right the Licensor may have to seek remedies for Your violations of this Public License.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Licensor may also offer the Licensed Material under separate terms or conditions or stop distributing the Licensed Material at any time; however, doing so will not terminate this Public License.
- Sections 1, 5, 6, 7, and 8 survive termination of this Public License.
Section 7 – Other Terms and Conditions.
- The Licensor shall not be bound by any additional or different terms or conditions communicated by You unless expressly agreed.
- Any arrangements, understandings, or agreements regarding the Licensed Material not stated herein are separate from and independent of the terms and conditions of this Public License.
Section 8 – Interpretation.
- For the avoidance of doubt, this Public License does not, and shall not be interpreted to, reduce, limit, restrict, or impose conditions on any use of the Licensed Material that could lawfully be made without permission under this Public License.
- To the extent possible, if any provision of this Public License is deemed unenforceable, it shall be automatically reformed to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable. If the provision cannot be reformed, it shall be severed from this Public License without affecting the enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions.
- No term or condition of this Public License will be waived and no failure to comply consented to unless expressly agreed to by the Licensor.
- Nothing in this Public License constitutes or may be interpreted as a limitation upon, or waiver of, any privileges and immunities that apply to the Licensor or You, including from the legal processes of any jurisdiction or authority.